Technical WriterWednesday, September 4th, 2019
Direct Hire – Perm Role
New York, NY (Note, remote work is NOT an option, however if you are looking to relocate to NYC, resumes will be considered)
If you are an energetic technical writer with a passion for Client Facing – Benefit Focused – Financial Software Documentation, who enjoys working on a team where your input and idea generation is valued, this is a great opportunity for you.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 4-10 years’ writing experience
- Financial Services Industry experienced for the financial knowledge necessary to write tangible, benefit-focused materials
- Ability to work with specific format and style guide
You will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables.
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for a dynamic product.
- Build engaging benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and strong content organization.
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage a high volume of projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- 4 or more years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Strong writing skills appropriate for an end-user client audience.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, benefit-based content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
- Editing experience.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or online authoring tools.