Technical WriterFriday, November 15th, 2019
Technical Writer (API and User Docs)
New York, NY (Note, remote work is NOT an option, however if you are looking to relocate to NYC, resumes will be considered)
This unique BRAND NEW role will offer the opportunity to write a variety of documentation including API and End User (help, product tours).
You will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables.
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for an ever-evolving product.
- Build benefit-focused user guide and “What’s New” content with a strong focus on content architecture for quick comprehension.
- Write effective API documentation to be delivered in both online manual format and contextual prompts.
- Work closely with user experience designers to devise documentation solutions and create concise labeling for product interfaces.
- Successfully translate conclusions from usability testing and academic research into concrete user documentation.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage a high volume of simultaneous projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience, with both end-user and systems documentation.
- Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a client audience, with the ability to pivot between a conversational and more formal tone, depending on the deliverable.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, well-structured, benefit-focused content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- Experience writing formulas in Excel.
- Comfort documenting APIs in a programming language such as Python.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
Good to Have:
- Editing experience.
- Experience maintaining a large amount of documentation for a product and establishing new content structures within it.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets and multiple asset types, including equities, bonds, and derivatives.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or other online authoring tools.