Technical WriterFriday, November 8th, 2019
New York, NY
Contribute to an online documentation platform infused with the energy and drive of the iconic Company Terminal. The Company Financial Products Documentation team writes and produces Help resources that are vital building blocks of the Company client experience.
Our work integrates the acumen for writing precise instructions with the creativity necessary to produce compelling, benefit-focused materials. As a collaborative working group, we’re known for mobilizing to get the job done and deliver expansive volumes of work to meet real-time business needs.
Product Documentation sits within UX Design in Company Financial Products. UX Design at Company is an ongoing re-imagining of 30+ years of Product evolution, constantly striving to understand our clients’ needs and improve their experience.
Our technical writers create end-user and API documentation for the Company Terminal and Web products. The role requires an individual who thrives on working in a fast-paced organization, interacting with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables.
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for an ever-evolving product.
- Build benefit-focused user guide and “What’s New” content with a strong focus on content architecture for quick comprehension.
- Write effective API documentation to be delivered in both online manual format and contextual prompts.
- Work closely with user experience designers to devise documentation solutions and create concise labeling for product interfaces.
- Successfully translate conclusions from usability testing and academic research into concrete user documentation.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage a high volume of simultaneous projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience, with both end-user and systems documentation.
- Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a client audience, with the ability to pivot between a conversational and more formal tone, depending on the deliverable.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, well-structured, benefit-focused content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- Experience writing formulas in Excel.
- Comfort documenting APIs in a programming language such as Python.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
Good to Have:
- Editing experience.
- Experience maintaining a large amount of documentation for a product and establishing new content structures within it.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets and multiple asset types, including equities, bonds, and derivatives.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or other online authoring tools.