Product Manager – OncologyTuesday, January 29th, 2019
Product Manager – Oncology
We currently have two openings.
- The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for supporting the strategic development and tactical implementation of marketing programs supporting recently approved product as well as preparing for a potential approval of an additional indication in combination with immunotherapy.
- Assist in designing, implementing and evaluating promotional activities; work in a matrix environment by managing relationships with external agencies and championing brand strategies and priorities with internal business partners; ensuring projects meet regulatory/legal requirements and are completed within scope; assist in monitoring marketing program performance and implementing changes as needed; assist in analyzing market data to identify key segment drivers, growth opportunities and business threats.
The PM may focus efforts on developing strategies and tactics for one or more of the following key areas:
- Digital and print non-personal promotion (NPP)
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL) development including advisory boards, speaker bureau and speaker engagements
- Managed Markets/Key Accounts
- Effectively analyze customer insights to plan, identify, develop and produce promotional materials, programs, and activities needed to support brand strategies in order to meet financial goals and expectations. This includes identifying and working effectively with external agencies and consultants to meet expected project objectives and holding them accountable to agreed-upon standards.
- Develop project and tactic assessments and valuations (ROI) that leverage analytics and research to identify successes. This includes working with market research and analytics to identify and implement metrics to gain market insights and measure performance on brand initiatives and programs.
- Participate in Medical, Legal, and Regulatory approval process for promotional programs.
- Monitor products, marketplace, and competitor trends and issues to anticipate/identify threats and opportunities. Make recommendations and develops tactics to respond to threats and opportunities.
- Maintain effective relationships and work with commercial partners to communicate and ensure alignment on strategy, messaging and execution within scope of projects.
- Work with finance in managing assigned areas of promotional spend and coordination of investments across functions to drive brand performance.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required, MBA preferred
- 5+years relevant professional experience with a minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical sales or marketing experience
- Understanding of the Regulatory/Legal guidelines for healthcare provider interactions to ensure programs adhere to outlined Compliance guidelines
- Experience working with and directing agencies and strategic vendors
- Analytical skills including ability to apply understanding of market research processes to inform deep customer insight
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including presentation skills
- Ability to partner with internal stakeholders including analytics/market research, sales leaders, sales training, managed markets, medical and legal/regulatory
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Outstanding customer focus
- Strong project management and problem resolution skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Motivated to advance your career within a fast-paced, growing team
Travel is estimated at 30% of time, including some weekend travel