Manager, Global Oncology Publications & Scientific CommunicationsFriday, January 12th, 2018
Manager, Global Oncology Publications & Scientific Communications
Woodcliff Lake, NJ ~ ONSITE
This role is within the Oncology Business Group and responsible for implementing publication planning activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products.
- Coordination and management of cross-functional publication teams and ensure that there is no overlap/redundancy in global publication activities.
- Management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of timely completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications.
- Please note that this is not a medical writing position; key functions of this role are managerial in nature. Accordingly, as part of the publications process, the manager will oversee the selection and will ensure that the contract responsibilities of any third-party vendors (including medical writing and publications agencies) are met.
- Responsible for overseeing the internal review process for all publications. Will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines.
- An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders (including investigators) is required.
- Will also provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection. Active participation and support of Medical Directors in the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings is also required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Implement medical communication activities for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning activities, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
2. Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system.
3. Oversee internal review process for all publications, slide sets and related materials.
4. Analyze and communicate scientific literature. Create reports to communicate relevant information to colleagues and internal business partners. Collaborate with Medical Director to manage focused analyses of existing and new data in order to identify needs and requirements for publication plans.
- BS in a science discipline with an advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired; Datavision is highly preferred
• Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks within assigned objectives
• Demonstrable writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature
• Proficiency in use of PC applications
• Experience with standardized publication planning software (ie, Datavision)
• Ability to travel up to 25%