Lead UX Product DesignerFriday, September 27th, 2019
Title: Lead UX Product Designer
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Seeking a Lead UX Product Designer to join the Application Development team at the company’s Corporate Headquarters in Bergen County.
- The ideal candidate possesses superior design skills and be able to translate complex functional requirements into creative design solutions and communicate the solutions through wireframes, diagrams, high fidelity mockups and functional prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional teams to understand & interpret the needs of the customer with a deep understanding of technology.
- Document how the user experience will be interpreted by technology teams and define the high-level flows and architect the detailed interactions.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to define user experience flows and interaction designs.
- Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile user experience.
- Conduct design reviews and customer experience sessions to capture and define usability requirements, customer interactions and flows.
- Establish and promote UX guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with developers during sprints to answer questions and validate features as they are being developed
- Rapid prototyping and mockups using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Figma, Zeplin.
- Partner with product management teams and engineering teams to support product design and development.
- Partner with graphic design, media and digital asset teams to unify the design methodology and workflow.
- Strong partnership with technical product owners and understand their priorities and engage within the architectural guidelines of system design.
- Understand and incorporate data and API requirements as a driver for customer experience design documents.
- Excellent knowledge of design concepts including: interface design, prototyping, and design systems development
- Demonstrated UI design skills with a strong portfolio. We would like to see a curated portfolio of your best designs.
- Strong analytical and creative ability to translate business, user and technology concerns into a customer experience design document.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by pro-actively defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- High proficiency in design and prototype tools and awareness of ever-evolving technologies (Web, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Fluent in mobile first design and responsive design principles.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Strong Web Development (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery)
- Create reusable UX templates for web and mobile apps
- Strong focus on Information Architecture (IA) – data flows, experience maps, sequence diagrams etc. to capture the customer story coupled with a thorough understanding of available data models, APIs and application development guidelines