Director, Design and ProductionTuesday, October 24th, 2017
Director, Design and Production
Harrisburg, PA ~ Some remote flexibility or relocation will be considered
Seeking a Director, Design and Production to lead our user experience design and media production and act as the bridge between our UX strategists and technical development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Visual Design skills
- Interaction Design skills (hands on and lead development of storyboards, wireframes, style tiles, visual comps, and prototypes)
- A solid foundation in UX / Usability
- Leadership skills (must have managed a team of UX and or Interaction/Visual Design talent).
- Establish the overall creative strategies and production services and drive alignment of them within the organizational strategy.
- Translate work coming from user research and strategy work into working design systems that are elegant in both their appearance and usefulness.
- Ability to think strategically and extend existing brand identity systems into new visual concepts and digital experiences.
- Work with teams to define interaction and visual style systems to drive the design of large enterprise websites, portals, and mobile applications.
- Work with clients to understand digital acquisitions strategies and ensure they are complemented from both a design and technical perspective.
- Lead development of storyboards, wireframes, style tiles, visual comps, and prototypes.
- Lead teams in and personally execute high-end visual and interaction designs for a wide variety of clients across a range of digital platforms including Web, mobile, touch-screen, etc.
- Ability to explain and defend design rationale and decisions.
- Lead teams in and personally produce detailed visual specifications and production-ready assets for developers.
- Excellent client presentation skills to successfully articulate design concepts to internal teams and clients.
- Strong ability to work iteratively and collaboratively with researchers, CX/UX designers, developers, clients.
- Effective time management skills to produce detailed, quality work within tight timeframes and to manage multiple projects.
- Enthusiasm to participate in the full design and development cycle to ensure that creative innovations in user-centered design are faithfully delivered to our clients.
- Develop production and creative staff and consult with senior management team on strategic projects.
- Provide strategic guidance to teams based on goals, objectives and company processes.
- Support new business development activities, as needed.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience designing digital products and services (agency background preferred).
- Fluency with common design software (Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint/Keynote) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Working knowledge and experience with interaction design and human factors, user-centered experience design and the CX/UX process.
- Strong knowledge of accessible and inclusive design concepts and guidelines.
- Demonstrated visual skill in producing visual concepts, mockups, icons and other assets.
- Strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, color harmony, imagery, etc.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities.
- A strong online or electronic portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a compelling and unique creative vision.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.
- Experience creating responsive designs as well as designs for mobile apps, touch-screen devices and other emerging technologies a preferred.
- Experience with system design a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Willingness to submit to drug screening and background check (client requirement).
- Solid formal academic background in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts Design or Digital Arts Design or commensurate work experience field required (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred).