Design SupervisorMonday, June 4th, 2018
New York, NY
This is your opportunity to work in a global environment leading the Presentation Design team supporting a Major Investment Bank.
You must be a skilled Designer, with PowerPoint Prowess to lead the team, provide vision, set best practices and provide outstanding client service.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of Management, Leadership and Design Skills to:
- Ensure that the work and policies of each team conforms to the policies of the firm which supports a Major Investment Bank with Presentations Design.
- Represent service offerings, obtains work for the team, manages personnel with the assistance of the Workflow Coordinator and ensures overall service delivery as per the established guidelines.
The Design Supervisor:
- Manages design workflow and project coordination
- Escalates brand-related issues to the appropriate group
- Staffs and schedules team members
- Estimates jobs
- Manages hourly and biweekly payroll
- Holds team and client meetings
- Oversees details for invoice submission
- Manages Staff reviews/Goals
- Responsible for team training and mentoring
- Oversees new project intake and report requests as needed
- Manages recruitment, interviewing, and on-boarding as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Supervisory experience with Presentation Design teams – experience in a financial/banking environment a plus
- Desktop Publisher and/or Graphic Designer and/or Studio Designer with at least 8 years’ experience
- Advanced editing and formatting skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to further enhance Firm’s presentations and marketing materials.
- Proven leadership, management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while working under tight deadline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, internal clients (including Investment Bankers), other vendors and colleagues located in our worldwide offices
- Ability to see the big picture—to look at the design and esthetic aspect and ensure it also conforms to the firm’s style and branding as well as regulatory requirements in collaboration with the Legal and Compliance department
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Highly motivated, proactive and confident decision-maker and creative problem-solver
- Highly detail oriented
- Focused on client service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to start on tasks with minimal direct guidance
- Experience with both small and large-scale projects