Communications/ Public Relations ConsultantTuesday, December 11th, 2018
Title: Communications/ Public Relations Consultant
Term: Anticipated 1 year
Location: Bergen County NJ
NOTE: This is not a senior level position.
Requires 3 – 5 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations, preferably in the healthcare industry.
Must have strong writing, communications and coordination skills.
A team player who enjoys planning and implementing key initiatives from running reports to writing website and social media content, to hosting meetings and developing fiscal plans.
- Focus on all the activities necessary to support the Company’s Human health care (hhc) mission. This includes driving internal hhc initiatives, managing events, and collaborating with other departments and leaders throughout the organization (e.g., Advocacy, Organization Development, Business Groups, etc.).
- The role is also responsible for internal communications efforts including developing and writing content for the intranet news channel, the hhc website, social media posts, and other projects.
- In addition, coordinating and reporting with colleagues globally; managing a cross-functional committee; as well as developing fiscal year planning, presentations and contests.
- Manages hhc initiative for the organization including working with brand teams to plan activities; coordinating with company advocacy leads; community partners; and department and site representatives. 20%
- Responsible for all content creation: Work with communications team and across the organization to identify opportunities and provide content support for internal and external audiences. Writes, edits and repurposes content for a variety of different print and online environments including intranet, social media and website content. 30%
- Coordinates hhc initiative across the organization including developing presentations and running monthly Promotional Committee Meetings; Dissemination of Annual Contests information to all internal employees, organization of submissions and documentation of voting/winners 30%
- Coordinate with Advocacy and OD for hhc training and information dissemination. Collection of all activity forms (planning and completed) for organization on server and inclusion in metrics tracker. Uploads activity forms (planning and completed) from Americas Regions for submission to ECL global database 20%
Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations, preferably in the healthcare industry
• Understanding of the communications function, including how internal employee engagement activities and external and social media communications, awareness campaigns and other PR elements can help achieve communications goals
• Detail oriented, with strong writing, editing, researching and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; adept at problem solving skills; exhibits tact and diplomacy
• Excellent computer skills with a high-level of comfort using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.