Communications CoordinatorFriday, January 10th, 2020
Title: Communications Coordinator
Contract Term: 1 year
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Seeking an entry-level communications professional with high potential and a demonstrated interest in healthcare to join the Corporate Communications Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience (internships or co-ops included) in public relations or corporate communications, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Understanding of the communications function, including how internal employee engagement activities and external media engagement, awareness campaigns and other PR elements can help achieve communications goals
- The Communications Coordinator support the strategic communications and activities for corporate, product and employee communications.
- The Coordinator ill show an innate curiosity, a “can do” attitude, drive for excellence and an ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, exciting and dynamic environment.
- The Coordinator will interact with internal associates, agency partners and other stakeholders to support the team.
Responsibilities Percent of Time
1. 30% – Writing and Editing: Draft foundational communications materials, including executive bios, company and product fact sheets, intranet articles, social media, meeting minutes, etc., and provide copy editing support with oversight from senior team members.
2. 10% – Communications Engagement: Support Communications Department activities by developing media lists, supporting competitive intelligence reporting, creating and managing project plan spreadsheets, etc.
3. 10% – Presentation Development: Work with team to develop PowerPoint presentations.
4. 10% – Event Coordination: Work with team to coordinate various internal events (e.g., all-employee meeting, human health care (hhc) events, department meetings, etc.) including logistics, catering, liaison with presenters and other activities to support successful events.
5. 20% – Accounting and Budget Tracking: Obtain and track Purchase Orders for vendors; monthly purchasing card reconciliation; Travel/Expense reports, etc. Prepare thorough reports as needed to support comprehensive department financial management
6. 20% – Administrative Support: Arrange meetings, book rooms, arrange catering and other services that may be needed. Act as administrative liaison with other departments including IT, HR, Finance/Accounting, etc.
Manager(s) – Directors; Support team includes (2) Senior Managers; (1) Manager; (4) Manager level consultants.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
• 1-2 years of experience (internships or co-ops included) in public relations or corporate communications, preferably in the healthcare industry
• Understanding of the communications function, including how internal employee engagement activities and external media engagement, awareness campaigns and other PR elements can help achieve communications goals
• Detail oriented, with strong writing, editing, researching and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; adept at problem solving skills; exhibits tact and diplomacy
• Excellent computer skills with a high-level of comfort using Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and ability to master systems specific (e.g., SRM/SAP, Contract Management System, HEAT, etc.)