Assessment SpecialistsThursday, August 30th, 2018
Title: Assessment Specialists
Multiple positions available – see fields of specialty required
Location: Princeton NJ – MAY consider remote candidates (see below for details)
Term: Anticipated 8 months
Hours: Up to 40 hours a week, minimum 20 hours a week.
Only qualified candidates will be considered:
- Ideally: Master’s Degree in field of specialty is necessary- see fields below
- Minimum: Bachelor’s with several years classroom experience at High School level
Assessment Specialists needed for the following areas (fields of specialty)
- Art History (on site only)
- Math – Calculus, Computer Science, & Statistics (will consider remote)
- Foreign Languages – German, Latin, and Spanish (will consider remote)
- Sciences- Physics (will consider remote)
- Histories – European, US, World, Economics, Human Geography, Political Science (on site only)
The Assessment Item Writer writes, reviews, and revises test questions aligned with specific subject-area standards.
Works independently and as part of a team.
- Researches for and writes items in area of assigned responsibility in accordance with client requirements.
- May critically review items written by other team members.
- Assists in conducting research.
- Assists in creating item pools for a project or program.
- Adhere to ethical standards and comply with the laws and regulations applicable to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Technologically savvy to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, meet strict deadlines, and receive constructive feedback